This latest update, which brings the Bedrock (multi-platform) version of Minecraft to Version 1.12.0, features a host of improvements and bug fixes.
Most-notable is the increase in volume and occurrence of the ambient mob sounds, the addition of Wandering Trader sounds, the Store being renamed as Marketplace, new permission settings for Realm owners, and improved game performance near villages and when opening inventory.
Here’s the official list of changes made with this update. The full release notes, which are too long to include on this page, can be read here.
- Increased the frequency and volume of the ambient mob sounds made during raids, to make them easier to locate
- Added new Wandering Trader sounds (MCPE-41191)
- Updated the main menu splash text
- Updated the default main menu panorama from Aquatic to Village & Pillage
- The “Store” button on the main menu has been renamed to “Marketplace”
- Realm owners can now set relevant permissions for players invited to their Realm
- Default settings can be set for all new members entering a Realm
- The owner can set permissions for an invited player to either visitor, member or operator
- When resetting a world, or uploading a new world, already set permissions stay in place
Minecraft continues to receive updates on a very regular basis. Last month it was announced that the game would be getting a revamp of its combat system in the near future while new skin packs were added based on Disney’s Toy Story movies.
Do you play Minecraft? Let us know which platform you play on the comments below and then follow us on Pinterest for more Minecraft content.Further reading: Microsoft, Minecraft, Video Games, Windows 10, Xbox, Xbox One