Mojang has released a brand new snapshot this week, bringing a bunch of new features and fixes for the upcoming 1.4 release.
– Updated and added new sounds by C418
– Added a neutral mob
– Added a hostile mob (doesn’t spawn yet)
– Command block target parameters have been upgraded, check here for details: https://gist.github.com/3736487
– Beacon artwork has changed
– Wood trunk blocks are now rotated differently. Instead of using the player’s position, it will rotate based on the face it is placed upon. This is mainly a test, so feedback is welcomed, but for me personally this way is a bit easier.