If you’re the kind of Minecraft user that likes to try out experimental Snapshots, then today is your lucky day. Mojang, the developers of Minecraft, have released a new Snapshot, and it brings “lots of new bug fixes, and some new bugs” which will be fixed in the next Snapshot.
Overall, the SnapShot resolves issues with Arrows fired, into a repeater, Piston placement issues, Mouse click position issues, Weather changes, and more. As is standard with Snapshots, we’ve given a few of the Bug fixes a look for you below.
Bugs fixed in 16w40a:
- [Bug MC-3352] – Arrows fired into a repeater / comparator / jukebox / command block / hopper / daylight sensor that is updating will play the arrow hitting a block noise
- [Bug MC-4132] – Piston placement issue past 16777217
- [Bug MC-67665] – Mouse click position always lags a few frames behind the crosshair
- [Bug MC-89030] – Pistons warp entities too much (Pistons pull entities in/through blocks)
- [Bug MC-98093] – Distorted Pistons
- [Bug MC-106706] – Renamed brewing stand does not drop after being placed
- [Bug MC-106765] – Silverfish not moving when mobGriefing is false
- [Bug MC-106826] – Can interact(eat) with cake in creative mode/hunger bar is full
- [Bug MC-106905] – Rabbits jump extra high on farmland and fence related blocks.
- [Bug MC-107168] – Weather changes to clear after sleeping with doWeatherCycle set to false
- [Bug MC-107378] – Unable to shift-click items into non-full brewing stand ingredient slot
- [Bug MC-107403] – No subtitles for Shulker Box / Llama
There are lots of Bug fixes in this Snapshot, so be sure to head over to this official Mojang blog post to check them out for yourself. Once you’ve checked it out, be sure to come back to WinBeta and let us know how the Snapshot experience is going for you.Further reading: Minecraft, Minecraft Snapshot, Mojang