Microsoft’s Xbox apps on Windows 10, iOS and Android receive new Xbox Live features
Microsoft’s ubiquitous Xbox app is a great tool to stay connected to your gaming community on Windows 10, iOS and Android devices. Following the release of an important feature update for the Xbox One yesterday, the company has also rolled out new updates to its different Xbox apps that bring several new Xbox Live features that gamers should enjoy.
As you may know, the latest Xbox One update introduced Arena on Xbox Live Tournaments for the Xbox Play Anywhere title Killer Instinct. If you can join tournaments right on your console, for now you’ll have to use the Windows 10 Xbox app to create tournaments for your Xbox Live Club. This is the main addition introduced in the version 29.29.15001.00000 of the Windows 10 app, along with some improvements to the Activity feed. Here is the full changelog:
- Introducing Arena on Xbox Live: Use the Xbox app to compete in Killer Instinct tournaments
- Cut down on the noise: Stop following a game or club rightfrom your Activitity feed
For now, the iOS and Android versions of the Xbox app are not as full featured as the Windows 10 client, but both apps receive regular updates to support new Xbox Live features. On iOS, the latest version 1705.0512.1206 brings the following improvements to the Activity feed:
- Activity Feed content can now be filtered
- Ability to unfollow a club or game hub from the Activity Feed
- LFGs will now show up in the Activity Feed
As for Android users, the latest update to the Xbox app finally brings gamerscore leaderboards, achievement rarity indicators as well as notifications for Beam live broadcasts. Here is the complete changelog:
- Receive notifications when your friends are streaming on Beam
- Added gamerscore leaderboards
- Share the gamerscore leaderboard
- Identify hard-to-earn achievements with achievement rarity
- If you get several notifications when receiving a message, uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox app should fix the problem.
The Xbox app comes preinstalled on Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile, so you can download this latest update from the Windows Store. For iOS and Android users, you can get the app from the download links below.Android, iOS, Windows 10, Xbox, Xbox app, Xbox Live