Microsoft Stream is a video platform for Microsoft 365 that allows users create, display, and watch videos, and even to watch videos while on the go. It features in-built intelligence features, integration across Microsoft 365 apps, and IT management as well as security capabilities that are essential when it comes to running a business. Ever since its inception, the application has received a bunch of features as well as updates all geared toward enhancing user experience.
Today, Microsoft has announced that they have overhauled the mobile application which is now available for iOS and Android users in Beta. The revamp adds on a new mobile experience that features, ” a complete design refresh, seamless access to Stream (Classic) and Stream (on SharePoint) videos, a personalized home feed, and a richer video viewing experience”.
Here’s the complete overview of features in the newly rebuilt application:
- Use your personalized home feed to return to previously shared videos, meeting recordings and collaboration updates.
- Search for any videos in the organization using keyword or Author name.
- Catch up with missed meetings via the dedicated meetings filter on home page.
- Mark important videos as Favorites and find them anytime from the library section.
- Share useful videos with your colleagues with a tap of a button.
- Seamlessly access both Stream Classic and Stream (on SharePoint) video content.
On top of these, you can now easily search for clips across your organization using the app, mark them as favorites and share them with your coworkers. However, there will be some features that will not be available in both the beta and general release such as video recording, uploading, and offline downloads. They are expected to reach general availability in 2023.