In a blog post, Microsoft’s Office 365 team lists the six email capabilities that enterprise customers may be losing out by not upgrading to a paid business email solution, like Outlook. Here are the six indicators that you’ve outgrown your free email service:
- Security—If you’ve experienced a security breach—or are even worried about it happening—you need a more sophisticated solution that offers increased, enterprise-class security capabilities.
- Storage—You’ve reached your storage max: a very simple reason to upgrade. Storage space should never cause you to delete or change how you use your email, especially when paid solutions offer large stores of data.
- Tools—Free email tools don’t typically provide robust inbox- and user-management tools. Paid email solutions offer a range of features for managing users as well as extensive rules for managing your inbox—enabling you to spend less time managing your inbox and more time managing your business.
- Domain names—Using a custom domain for your business email is a vital way to ensure your business appears professional. For example, “[email protected]” has a lot more credibility than “[email protected]” While free custom email addresses are available, they often leave you open to security threats, because the company you host through will likely have access to your data and other information.
- Data—If you’ve ever felt the need to own and manage your email data, it’s time to move to a paid solution. Often, when you agree to free email terms, you’re granting the email provider permission to mine your data and send you ads—which is how their companies remain profitable while offering free services. Not only can this distract from your work, it also puts your company’s data at risk.
- File sharing—Need to share files and collaborate securely with your team? Paid email solutions enable team-based collaboration and sharing without putting confidential company information at risk.”
Microsoft believes that Outlook in Office 365 offers customers a better and more secure experience, allowing your IT team to be more productive and work more efficiently. What do you think is an indicator that you need to upgrade to a paid business email solution like Outlook in Office 365? Let us know in the comments.