Yesterday at Microsoft’s E3 2015 press conference, there were a number of indie games featured as a part of the [email protected] program. It was a great look at what indie developers can create on the Xbox One and for Windows 10 devices. While many (I am sure) were looking forward to bigger Xbox One and Windows 10 game announcements, the indie game selection that will become available look to be, in no uncertain terms, stellar.
Three of the main indie games featured in the Microsoft E3 2015 press conference were:
- Tacoma, from Fullbright Games. An indie game where you explore a deserted space station to try and solve the mystery of what happened to all the other astronauts. It will be available on Xbox One and Windows 10.
- Ashen, from New Zealand developers Aurora44, is an open world game where player interactions with their environment are the key to your survival. It will be an Xbox One exclusive.
- Beyond Eyes, from tiger & squid, is a game where you help a blind girl visualize the world around her. It will be released first on Xbox One and Windows 10.
- Cuphead, from StudioMDHR, is another Xbox One exclusive that I am particularly excited about. Cuphead is a platformer that reminds me a lot of the Triplets of Belleville in its cartoonish style. I am very much looking forward to Cuphead’s release.
Here is a video montage of some of the indie games featured at E3 2015.
Besides the Tacoma, Ashen, Beyond Eyes, and Cuphead presentations, there are loads more indie games headed to the Xbox One and Windows 10. Xbox put out a video montage showing the vast collection of indie games headed to the Xbox One and Windows 10 (video above). Here is a list of the indie games headed to the Xbox One and Windows 10:
- Rise & Shine
- The Mean Greens: Plastic Warfare
- The Flame in the Flood
- Phantasmal: City of Darkness
- The Solus Project
- Westerado: Double Barreled
- Sword Coast Legends
- Outward: The Adventurer Life Sim
- Goat Simulator: MMore Goatz Edition
- Game 4 from The Behemoth
- Ark: Survival Evolved
So it looks like more great games are headed ot the Xbox One and Windows 10 in the next several months. I was hoping for more big game announcements from Xbox at E3 2015 this year, but some of the new features of the Xbox One like backwards compatibility has a lot of people talking, even a lot of my PS4-toting friends. So, it looks like we will have to wait and see how great these indie games will be when they are released in the coming months.Further reading: ARK: Survival Evolved, Beyond Eyes, Cuphead, Gigantic, Indie Game Spotlight, Indie Games, Microsoft, Recruits, SUPERHOT, Xbox One