Ellen Kilbourne from Microsoft’s Groove and Movies & TV apps team, announced today on Twitter they are looking for a Senior Product Designer to come work on Groove.
— Ellen Kilbourne (@ellenment) March 3, 2016
According to the job description Kilbourne links to, the Senior Product Designer would be joining Groove’s creative team to help us “create new engaging music experiences for the Windows customer of tomorrow.” The creative team works in a “multidiscipline product team of program managers, developers and quality assurance.” It has the tough task of envisioning the big picture of the app’s user experience across a variety of form factors, and work with multiple product teams to get all the details perfect for the big idea’s implementation.
Some of the job’s listed responsibilities include:
- Operate as Sr. Product designer for the team, driving, aligning, and innovating new experiences
- Collaborate with and inspire designers, artists, and programmers to deliver products, new experiences, tools, and features
- Foster an environment of objective learning within the team and develop design skills in individual team members
- Conceptualize, create, maintain, and review detailed experience design documentation throughout the project cycle
- End user facing design to ensure products and features are accessible, intuitive, and receive critical and commercial success
The requirements for a Senior Product Designer are:
- 5+ years of software and experience design with a focus on user experience
- Operated as lead designer on previous projects, including shepherding non-creative staff through the creative process
- Demonstrated ability to hold and communicate a strong creative vision while keeping the design vision agile
- Experience partnering with technology, art, and media leaders to deliver innovative products and features
- Familiarity with music, game and video middleware and tools
- Proven hands-on app design and understanding of design sciences including design deconstruction and prioritization