Xbox Music, or just Music as it is called, has received a new update in the Windows Phone Store. This is the third update the app has rolled out after the developer preview release of Windows Phone 8.1. Furthermore, Microsoft has also given a glimpse of the features that it will be rolling out in future updates.
In the recent updates, we have got the Cortana integration with playlists, audio scrubbing, better sync across local, cloud content, and more. Bumping up the version number to 2.5.3929.0, the following are the new additions to the app:
- Change tracks by swiping album art on the Now Playing screen.
- The interface has gone through some positional changes. The position and layout changes make more room for content.
- As always, there are bug fixes.
You ask, we (try to) deliver! New Music for WP8.1 now includes swipe (up/down) for next/prev track. Not the same… but good substitute!
— joebelfiore (@joebelfiore) May 24, 2014
That’s not a lot of changes – we know. Microsoft has also announced the improvements that we can expect in future updates:
- Continued focus on stability and performance improvements.
- Initial sync of local and cloud content happens in the background.
- Support for more than 100 songs in the Now Playing queue.
- Faster loading of longer lists.
- Transparent Tile support.
- Live Tile support.
- Kid’s Corner support.
- General UX improvements.
Snag the updated version of the app from the download link below. And let us know how you like it.