Microsoft unveils Skype TX, designed and optimized for professional studio environments
Microsoft has unveiled Skype TX, a new studio grade software offering that delivers high quality audio and video output to seamlessly connect broadcast and media productions with people around the world. Microsoft wants to inspire and enable a new generation of media moments.
“Today, we’re excited to announce a new solution for broadcasters from Skype, available in the coming year. This improved offering is a result of Skype’s recent acquisition of our long-time broadcast partner Cat and Mouse. We’ve built on the existing Cat and Mouse technology to deliver a high quality hardware and software Skype integration direct into a studio environment,” Microsoft stated in an official blog post.
Here are the key features of this technology:
- Powerful – Seamlessly adds full-frame Skype video and audio via SDI.
- Responsive – User experience is optimized for broadcast workflow with API integration and call management.
- Quality – A single, integrated production grade system to deliver professional audio and video calls. Skype video feeds processed into broadcast formats:
- Free of audio/visual distractions such as call notifications and ads.
- HD-SDI Video output/input
- Balanced audio output/input
- Auto aspect ratio conversion
- Total control – Empowers a single operator to manage multi-channel calls and create compelling, new formats with HD-SDI Skype video feeds direct to your switcher.
- Go anywhere – Cost effective for use in studio and outside broadcast integration.
- Reliability – Built for always-on operation in a dynamic environment, including call handling management for multiple, simultaneous Skype calls on one management interface, plus operator previews, auto fall back to still and call quality monitoring.
- Support – Fully supported by a team of specialist Microsoft-trained broadcast technical team.
“We’re excited about bringing Skype TX to broadcasters big and small around the world to enable them to deliver unique and compelling content to their audiences. We’ll have more details to share in the coming months,” Microsoft explained. You can check out www.skypeinmedia.com for more information on Skype TX.Further reading: Microsoft, Skype