It has been a while since the last wave of brand new and official Windows 10 UWP apps (such as Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram) were released. Today, though, Microsoft is adding in a brand new set of apps to the Windows Store collection. My USPS, Expedia for Windows 10, and The Weather Channel for Windows 10, are all just a few of the new apps which are now being highlighted my Microsoft in a new Windows Experience blog post. So, as always we’ve given the apps a look and have included download links and descriptions for you below.
Expedia for Windows 10
- Update for Windows 10: The Expedia app has been specifically enhanced to take advantage of all the unique possibilities of Windows 10 to deliver a more seamless travel experience across Windows 10 devices. We’ve also made key performance improvements and enabled faster launching for our Universal Windows Platform app.
- Search with Cortana: With Cortana integration, you can book trips with simple, natural conversations and get helpful travel notifications and status updates for all of your upcoming Expedia-booked trips.
- Interactive Device Notifications: Receive important travel alerts and changes to your itinerary with Expedia emails
- Deeper Integration: The new Expedia app is native to the Windows platform, which gives our team tremendous opportunity to further enhance the Expedia experience on Windows 10 devices.
Note: An official download link is not yet available for this app. Stay tuned, once it’s available we will update you!
Preview the My USPS™ package tracking dashboard on your Windows 10 computer using Cortana. The My USPS™ application offers an alternative to typing in package tracking numbers every time you want to see the status of a delivery. The My USPS™ application proactively scans the USPS mail-stream looking for packages heading for your home address and automatically populates your dashboard with a package’s status. The My USPS™ application allows you to easily track the status of outbound packages as well; either, by scanning the package barcode with your smart phone or by manually typing in a tracking number on your dashboard.
The Weather Channel for Windows 10
- Get hourly and 15-day forcasts in Celsius or Farenheit
- Amazing background photos match your current weather conditions.
- Easy to use and beautiful in its simplicity.
- Get your current conditions and the high/low temperatures for your favorite locations in a glance.
- More than temperatures, get “feels like” weather, humidity, dew point, sunrise, sunset, moon phases, wind speed, UV index, visibility and barometric pressure.
- Fast-loading radar maps show past and future radar. Map layers show rainfall, snowfall, road or satellite views, traffic, wind speeds, and more.
- Severe Weather Alerts: Stay safe with National Weather Service notifications of severe weather, and know the moment tornado or severe storm watches and warnings are issued.
- Breaking News Alerts: Keep informed with national weather news updates.
- Lightning Alerts: Get real-time alerts for your GPS location, and know where lightning strikes near you. • Rain and Snow Alerts: Never get caught in the rain again with real-time alerts for your GPS location and morning rain reports for your favorite locations.
- Pollen Alerts: Know the pollen counts near you.
- Simply activate Cortana (by saying “Hey, Cortana”) and say or type “Show me,” followed by your question. For example, you could say “Hey, Cortana! “Show me”, when will it rain?” to learn when it will rain in your precise location.
So, what do you think? Will you download any of these new apps? Are you looking forward to using them in your life on your Windows 10 device? Let us know by dropping us a comment below!Further reading: Microsoft, The Weather Channel, Universal Windows Platform, Windows, Windows 10, Windows 10 Mobile, Windows Store