Microsoft to make a big showing at Black Hat USA 2018 cybersecurity conference
Microsoft has announced today their upcoming presence at the Black Hat USA 2018 cybersecurity conference. The firm is planning on showcasing the latest collaborations in defense strategies for cybersecurity, highlighting solutions for security vulnerabilities in applications, and more.
Specifically, Microsoft will be at Booth #652, with a number of speakers also scheduled to be at theater presentations. Sessions will go on from August 4-9, 2018 in Las Vegas and all are invited to continue any discussions at the Booth. Attendees will also see product demonstrations and have an opportunity to learn more about Microsoft’s Top 100 security researchers.
Here’s a list of Microsoft speakers and topics:
- Eric Doerr, Matt Linton, Art Manion, and Christopher Robinson: “Behind the Speculative Curtain: The True Story of Fighting Meltdown and Spectre”
- Matt Miller, Anders Fogh, and Christopher Ertl: “Wrangling the Ghost: The Inside Story to Addressing Speculative Execution Side Channel Vulnerabilities”
- Joe Bialek and Nico Joly: “A Dive into Hyper-V Architecture & Vulnerabilities”
- Jordan Rabet: “Hardening Hyper-V through Offensive Security Research”
- Holly Stewart, Jugal Parikh, and Randy Treit: “Protecting the Protector Hardening Machine Learning Defenses Against Adversarial Attacks”
- David Weston: “ZEROing Trust: Do Zero Trust Approaches Deliver Real Security?”
Black Hat USA 2018 is in its 21st year and is a great event for all professionals, including academics and researchers. You can register for the event by checking out there website here.Further reading: Cybersecruity, Microsoft