The Microsoft To Do app updated for both Android and iOS devices this week. Each update is quite different but both improve the ability to find and organize tasks within the apps by adding new filter and sort options.
Here’s the release notes for the iOS update:
- You asked for it and we got it for you; the improved and better, planned view! You can now group your tasks by the due date as well as by all available lists.
- Now, with a new all planned filter option, you see all your planned tasks at the same time.
- In this release, sorting has been made more convenient. You can sort both completed and current tasks as per your selected sorting order.
- There are a couple of bug fixes in this version to provide you with a smooth experience.
And here’s the Android update release notes:
- We’ve added sorting for completed tasks in each list.
- We also added new designs for empty All and Completed smart lists.
- We reduced the size of the app so it will take up less room on your phone.
- If you have a large number of tasks you may have noticed that your Planned list would get a little slow, we’ve improved that now.
- We fixed the swipe action as it was a little too sensitive.
- Other bug fixes and app improvements, including a new widget design when you’re in light mode.
Microsoft To Do is getting quite a bit of attention this week. In addition to the above app updates, the Microsoft Outlook apps on iOS and Android updated yesterday with extra support for To Do functionality.