Microsoft has released a new update for its Teams app on Android and iOS. The latest update introduces a slew of new features meant to improve the meeting experience for mobile users.
The Redmond giant began rolling out support for meeting reactions last month for the desktop clients. The feature is finally available on iOS, and it allows participants to express their emotions in Teams meeting with emojis such as love, like, applause, and laugh. Meeting reactions help to make virtual meetings more inclusive, engaging, and fun for the users.
Other additions include the ability to present in a live event via iPad. With this update, users will be able to join and run a live event from their iPads. iOS users can now easily remove cached account information directly from the sign-in page of the app. You can check out the full release notes below:
- Use reactions in your next Teams meeting or call. Send animated thumbs up, heart, clapping, laughter to your colleagues and friends.
- Present in live events from your iPad.
- Remove cached account info from the sign-in page.
On Android, Microsoft is adding some new personal features, allowing anyone with a free Microsoft account to use the mobile app to create and join events for friends and family. The Android app also picked up a couple of other features, such as an improved notification experience and the ability to forward meetings to other people. Here’s the update’s full changelog:
- Create and join events with Teams for friends and family. Simply sign in and meet.
- Forward meetings to one or more people.
- Teams notifications now show at the top of the Notifications drawer in Android 11.
If you are using Microsoft Teams on iOS or Android, then you can head to the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store to get the latest update.