The Microsoft Teams apps for iOS and Android are great for accessing all your team’s content and the go, and every new update help to bridge the feature gap with the desktop version. The latest versions of the apps brings several new features including voicemail support, the ability to create teams and add new members, as well as specific additions for iOS and Android.
Here’s an overview of all the new features:
- Create teams and add members on mobile
- Voicemail is now available on mobile
- Share chat history with new participants in a group chat
- Reduce the noise with mute chat
- Grab someone’s attention with @mention in group chats
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
- Calling is now enabled for Android x86 devices
- Join meetings anonymously (Android-only)
- Reply to chats and channel posts right from your notifications screen (iOS-only)
The ability to manage teams on the go is a pretty nice addition, and starting next week team admins will be able to invite anyone with a consumer email account to participate as a guest in a team. What are the other features you would like to see in Microsoft Teams on iOS and Android? Let us know below.