Last year, Microsoft unveiled a slew of updates for its Teams collaboration platform, including Dynamic view, live reactions, Together mode, and video filters. The company has now announced that the new Dynamic View is now generally available for public preview users in the Windows 10 and macOS desktop apps.
The new AI-powered feature enables Microsoft Teams users to share content side by side with meeting participants. “We have redesigned the meeting stage in order to optimize your experience of consuming shared content and engaging with video and audio participants. Dynamic View ensures that important items like audio/video thumbnails, content, pins/spotlights are shown as large as possible on your screen by smartly moving and resizing them based on the scenario,” the company explained.
The feature is enabled by default in the public preview channel of Teams for all desktop users. Microsoft noted that this update introduces a new optimized visual experience in Teams Meetings, and users will see the following improvements:
- The app will automatically optimize the layout to enlarge the shared content, with more participants being visible.
- Users can spotlight/pin particular participants in the meeting alongside the presentation to make their tiles larger than other participants.
- The meeting stage will show video and audio participants separately, and audio-only attendees will appear in smaller tiles.
- The Together Mode will appear alongside content during meetings.
- Users can now dock the participant gallery to the top of their screen to improve eye contact with other people.
The new capability has been designed to improve the existing meetings experience in the Teams desktop app, which only displays the video feed of the speaker in a tiny frame when watching shared content. Do you think that the Dynamic View will help improve the visibility of the shared content and key participants during meetings? Sound off in the comments down below.