The iOS and Android Microsoft Teams apps both updated today with several new features and improvements that go well beyond the usual bug fixes and optimizations.
In addition to support for language translation and improved search, the iOS Microsoft Teams app now allows users to send an invite link to other people so that they can participate in a meeting whether they have an account or not.
Here’s the full release notes for the iOS update which brings the app up to Version 2.0.16:
- Free meetings are here! Send meeting invites via a link. People don't need a Teams account to attend
- Search inside chats and channels
- Long press the Teams app for a shortcut to start a call
- Translate messages to your preferred language
- Manage your Safe key or let Microsoft manage it for you. Change anytime in Settings
The Android Microsoft Teams app updated to Version 1416/22.214.171.1240062901 and also added extra search functionality in addition to the ability to contact Skype users from a work account. Here’s the release notes:
- Call and message Skype users from Teams work account
- Search inside chat and channel
- Raise a virtual hand during a meeting to let others know you have something to say
- Log in to Teams with a personal Microsoft account to get live location sharing, group task lists and calendar, and a personal Safe for secure info sharing with friends and family
Do you use Microsoft Teams? Make sure to check out our special Microsoft Teams hub here and then follow us on Pinterest for more Microsoft app news.