The iOS and Android versions of the Microsoft Teams app updated this past week with several new features and changes.
The Android update added new data management settings, support for the contacts app, and more. Here’s the full release notes:
- New setting to reduce the amount of data Teams uses while video is on
- Use Teams to call people in your device’s contacts app
- Choose which number to dial for org contacts with more than one phone number
- Single sign-on access for bots and tools in Teams that use your org credentials
- Daily agenda view of upcoming meetings. Join, edit, or share them with contacts
Microsoft Teams actually updated twice in the past week. Today’s update, Version 2.0.22, contains just basic fixes and improvements but the Sept 17th update, Version 2.0.21, added support for Cortana.
Here’s the release notes for the 2.0.21 update:
- Cortana in Teams helps you send messages, make calls, and join meetings with your voice
- Bug fixes and performance improvements