Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2012 RC released
Microsoft has announced the availability of a release candidate build of its System Center Operations Manager 2012.
“Operations Manager not only provides a view of your business applications, but a comprehensive view of the environment in which those applications run, whether it’s based on physical, virtual, or cloud resources. Even if you run a variety of operating systems—Windows, Linux, and UNIX servers and their workloads—you get a single console to monitor this heterogeneous environment,” Microsoft stated in an official blog post.
System Center Operations Manager 2012 provides the monitoring component of cloud and datacenter solutions, to help you manage your datacenter and cloud environments by:
- Delivering flexible and cost effective enterprise-class monitoring and diagnostics while reducing the total cost of ownership by leveraging commodity hardware, with standard configurations to monitor heterogeneous environments.
- Helping to ensure the availability of business-critical applications and services through market-leading .NET application performance monitoring and diagnostics plus JEE application health monitoring.
- Providing a comprehensive view of datacenters, and private and public clouds.
- Predictable performance and availability of critical applications
- End-to-end views of application health and topology
- Establishment of application service-level delivery (SLAs)
- Precise identification of application errors
- Flexible and cost-effective infrastructure monitoring
- In-depth monitoring, diagnostics, and reporting for heterogeneous environments
- Integrated network device monitoring and alerts
- Simplified management infrastructure
- Comprehensive monitoring for your datacenter and cloud—on your terms
- Integrated physical, virtual, and cloud management
- Common console across datacenter and clouds
- Rich reporting
System Center Operations Manager 2012 Beta resources
- Documentation: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=213297
- Forums: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/systemcenteroperationsmanager
- Feedback: https://connect.microsoft.com/OpsMgr/Feedback
- Team Blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/momteam/