Microsoft has announced the availability for Surface Pro 6 and Surface Laptop 2 in India via online stores – Flipkart and Amazon – as well as select retail stores like Croma, Reliance, Vijay Sales, and others.
The devices will be available for commercial and enterprise customers through authorized resellers.
While the company skipped the first two generations of Surface in India, Surface Pro 3 and Surface Pro 4 were launched together in India in January 2016. The latest generation Surface Pro (2017) – at the time – which went on sale in the US in June 2017 was launched in India only in early 2018.
Looks like Microsoft is now considering India as a definite market for Surface devices. In August last year, Microsoft announced the launch of the extended Surface family of devices in India – the Surface Book 2 and the Surface Laptop – and in December, launched the new Surface Go.
Surface Pro 6
- Surface Pro 6 - i5/8/128: ₹83,999 (Online & Offline)
- Surface Pro 6 - i5/8/256: ₹110,999 (Online & Offline)
- Surface Pro 6 - i7/16/512: ₹176,999 (Offline only)
- Surface Pro 6 - i7/8/256: ₹139,999 (Online & Offline)
Surface Laptop 2
- Surface Laptop 2 - i5/8/128: ₹91,999 (Online & Offline)
- Surface Laptop 2 - i5/8/256: ₹119,999 (Online & Offline)
- Surface Laptop 2 - i7/16/512: ₹203,999 (Online & Offline)
- Surface Laptop 2 - i7/8/256: ₹148,999 (Offline only)
Both Surface Pro 6 and Surface Laptop 2 are more of an iterative update with a little specifications bump. Customers in India though will appreciate broader availability with both Flipkart and Amazon in the fray, along with some offline stores.
What do you think of the two devices, and their pricing in India? Would you like to pick one up?