We recently reported on the conversion of former Nokia Stores across the world, now becoming Microsoft reseller stores. As Microsoft looks to not only rebrand itself worldwide but also compete with the likes of Samsung and Apple, the company is making significant strides to rebuff its retail presence. While the newly minted reseller stores will help add to Microsoft’s international presence, the company is still working on building its national presence as well.
Back in North America, Microsoft is announcing the near-future openings of two more Microsoft Stores. The first Store will be at The Mall at University Town Center in Sarasota, Florida, on June 11. The second store will open at Willowbrook Mall in Wayne, New Jersey, on June 13. As with many Microsoft Store openings, the company would like to make a welcomed splash in the area. Both stores will open with featured Xbox One events that involved football greats. NFL Hall of Famer Derrick Brooks will be attending the opening in Sarasota while New York Jets wide receiver Erick Decker will make an appearance at the Wayne, New Jersey store.
For those less enthused by the football shenanigans, both Microsoft Stores will be offering attendees product giveaways and offers onsite. Among the many offers, attends can snatch up a one-day-only Dell Inspiron 15 for $399.00 for savings of $300. Another limited time offer is for the HP Stream 7 for $49.00, usually priced around $100+. The HP Stream 7 received high marks for its value proposition and with the upcoming upgrade to Windows 10, this tablet is the closest to a Surface Mini as there will ever be. The offers are limited to one per customer and only for as long as supplies last.
Microsoft will also present nearly $1 million (US) in tech grants to each of the new cities. These tech grants are meant for the deserving local community organizations that foster tech awareness and education. Groups include MOTE Marine Laboratory & Aquarium and Big Brothers, Big Sisters of the Sun Coast in Sarasota, Florida as well as the Greater Community Action and New Jersey Community Development Corporation in Wayne New Jersey, just to name a few.
Details for the openings are as follow:
Microsoft at The Mall at University Town Center (Sarasota, Fla.)
- Grand Opening Ribbon Cutting Ceremony, Thursday, June 11, 10:30 a.m. ET
- Customers can join Microsoft for the grand opening to check out the new store, take advantage of product offers and snag a ticket to the Xbox One event with NFL star Derrick Brooks.
- Xbox One Event with NFL Hall of Famer Derrick Brooks, Thursday, June 11, 6 p.m. ET
- Customers who receive a ticket by attending the grand opening of Microsoft at The Mall at University Town Center can meet and get a chance to play Xbox One with NFL Hall of Famer Derrick Brooks. To obtain a ticket, customers must be one of the first 200 to attend the grand opening at 10:30 a.m. that morning.
Microsoft at Willowbrook Mall (Wayne, N.J.)
- Grand Opening Ribbon Cutting Ceremony, Saturday, June 13, 10:30 a.m. ET
- Customers can join Microsoft for the grand opening to check out the new store, take advantage of product offers and snag a ticket to the Xbox One event with New York Jets wide receiver Eric Decker.
- Xbox One Event with New York Jets Wide Receiver Eric Decker, Saturday, June 13, 5 p.m. ET
- Customers who receive a ticket by attending the grand opening of Microsoft at Willowbrook Mall can meet and get a chance to play Xbox One with New York Jets wide receiver Eric Decker. To obtain a ticket, customers must be one of the first 200 to attend the grand opening at 10:30 a.m. that morning.
Let us know if you’ll be visiting any of the new Microsoft Stores in the comments section below.