Microsoft SQL Server 2012 enables a cloud-ready information platform that will help organizations unlock breakthrough insights across the organization as well as quickly build solutions and extend data across on-premises and public cloud backed by capabilities for mission critical confidence.
- Deliver required uptime and data protection with AlwaysOn
- Gain breakthrough & predictable performance with ColumnStore Index
- Help enable security and compliance with new User-defined Roles and Default Schema for Groups
- Enable rapid data discovery for deeper insights across the organization with ColumnStore Index
- Ensure more credible, consistent data with SSIS improvements, a Master Data Services add-in for Excel, and new Data Quality Services
- Optimize IT and developer productivity across server and cloud with Data-tier Application Component (DAC) parity with SQL Azure and SQL Server Data Tools for a unified dev experience across database, BI, and cloud functions
Whats new in SQL Server 2012 Release Candidate 0?
- Added core capabilities for increased mission critical confidence, including multiple secondaries in SQL Server AlwaysOn and multi-tenancy enhancements with Resource Governor.
- New functionality in the Power View (”Crescent”) data-exploration and visualization tool, including the inclusion of Change Data Capture support for Oracle enables broader support for heterogeneous data with Data Warehouses.
- Snapshot backups in Windows Azure from inside Management Studio.
Microsoft is reported to release SQL Server 2012 in early 2012.