In a new Channel 9 video, Microsoft goes over the key improvements in SQL Server 2012, most importantly, from a developers perspective. Microsoft also goes over the company’s overall platform strategy.
Microsoft SQL Server 2012 enables a cloud-ready information platform that will help organizations unlock breakthrough insights across the organization as well as quickly build solutions and extend data across on-premises and public cloud backed by capabilities for mission critical confidence.
- Deliver required uptime and data protection with AlwaysOn
- Gain breakthrough & predictable performance with ColumnStore Index
- Help enable security and compliance with new User-defined Roles and Default Schema for Groups
- Enable rapid data discovery for deeper insights across the organization with ColumnStore Index
- Ensure more credible, consistent data with SSIS improvements, a Master Data Services add-in for Excel, and new Data Quality Services
- Optimize IT and developer productivity across server and cloud with Data-tier Application Component (DAC) parity with SQL Azure and SQL Server Data Tools for a unified dev experience across database, BI, and cloud functions
SQL Sever 2012 is available in three SKUs and launched just recently on the 7th of March.