Microsoft yesterday took to their education blog to invite schools to join the Microsoft Schools program. The program aims to help transform classrooms, empower students, and help educators expand their passion for teaching by using technology.
Registration for the program is open to educators at anytime and will bring many other benefits to the classroom. As per the blog post, this program is focused on leading and learning, and for those who just are starting to explore (or expressed interest in) Microsoft solutions, programs, or devices. Benefits of the program include:
- Access for school leaders to enroll via our social channel, Yammer, into a global community of practice and reach over 1,000 other school leaders
- Quick start guide filled with assets and resources to support school leaders
- Monthly e-newsletter with the best of Microsoft Teaching and Leading resources
- Early updates (via newsletter and social communities) on new products, offers and opportunities
- Curated resources for leaders and leading educators available from the Microsoft Educator Community
- Global recognition by being placed on our Microsoft And Showcase School list (updated monthly)
- Opportunity to participate in our quarterly global connect calls
Microsoft has been heavily involved in supporting innovative schools worldwide, and also has the Microsoft Showcase Schools program. Schools in this program are elite and have thoughtfully considered the role of technology as they explore new ways to redesign learning spaces, restructure curriculum, reinvent pedagogy, and reimagine what 21st century leading and learning looks like across diverse contexts.
You can head to this website to register and learn more about the programs. Once you've checked it out, let us know what you think by dropping us a comment below!