Microsoft reveals details of Machinima titles and achievements on Xbox One
The Machinima app is something we have known about for a few weeks now. The Snap mode ready experiences are something that can be used to enhance all manner of titles, and Major Nelson has revealed more details about the app and the achievements associated with it in a blog post on Xbox Wired.
In the post he gives the names of four games that will have exclusive video content available through Machinima. The games are:
- Dead Rising 3
- Battlefield 4
- Ryse: Son of Rome
- Call of Duty: Ghosts
The team behind the app promise that more exclusive videos will be made available as more games are released. All you need to do is say “Xbox, Snap Machinima” and any available video content will be automatically populated. The launch videos include tips and tricks to help players get more from their games, but there are lots of possibilities for other usage.
The app also takes on the idea of achievements with media achievements — although these will not count towards your gamer score. Watch one video in the app and you’ll earn the n00b achievement, watch 1,000 and TV Rots Your Brain is your reward.
Those achievements in full:
- License and Registration: Simply download the Machinima App
- n00b: Watch a video on the Machinima App
- Thanks for the Sub: Subscribe to a show, game or partner on the Machinima App
- Addict: Launch the Machinima App 10 times within 30 days
- Night Owl: Launch the Machinima App between 1 and 4 a.m. local time
- You Can Be My Wingman Anytime: Watch 30 Machinima Wingman videos
- You Can Be Mine: Watch 150 Machinima Wingman videos
- TV Rots Your Brain: Watch 1,000 videos on the Machinima App
- Oversharer: Share 10 videos on Facebook via the Machinima App
There is also one secret achievement to look out for. Major Nelson’s post suggest that you should “look back through the history of Machinima to find this hidden gem.” Just don’t forget to download the app on launch day!Further reading: Microsoft, Xbox One