Microsoft dropped a couple of Insider builds on us this Friday morning, including a Fast Ring build (18343) that mainly fixes a problem that resulted in the company blocking build 18342 from installing on certain Intel based PCs. Here is the full list of changes and improvements to 18343:
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- We fixed the Connected Standby issue that resulted in us blocking PCs with Intel64 Family 6 Model 142 and Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 processor model. If your PC was unable to take Build 18342 from earlier this week due to having one of these processor models, you should be able to take this flight!
- We fixed the issue that required an additional reboot when performing Reset this PC and selecting Keep my files on a device that has Reserved Storage enabled.
- Launching games that use anti-cheat software may trigger a bugcheck (GSOD).
- Creative X-Fi sound cards are not functioning properly. We are partnering with Creative to resolve this issue.
- We’re continuing to investigate reported issues in the night light space.
- Some Realtek SD card readers are not functioning properly. We are investigating the issue.
- In Windows Sandbox, if you try to navigate to the Narrator settings, Settings app crashes.
- Mouse pointer color might be incorrectly switched to white after signing out and signing back in.
- We’re investigating reports of the Chinese version of multiple games not working.
Known issues for Developers
- If you install any of the recent builds from the Fast ring and switch to the Slow ring – optional content such as enabling developer mode will fail. You will have to remain in the Fast ring to add/install/enable optional content. This is because optional content will only install on builds approved for specific rings.
So not much new, but a couple of welcome fixes, including the Intel processors issue and the additional reboot required under certain circumstances when Resetting a PC.
Microsoft also released a new build for 20H1, build 18841, so all in all a busy Friday!Further reading: 19H1, build 18343, Windows 10, Windows Insider