Microsoft has rolled out Visual Studio 2015 Update 2 CTP, the company stated in an official blog. “Today we released Visual Studio 2015 Update 2 CTP. Our focus for this release has been stability and performance, along with responding to feedback you’ve given us on Visual Studio 2015 RTM and Update 1,” Microsoft notes.
There are quite a number of bug fixes and improvements in this update, including a faster database engine for C and C++ that speeds up operations (now enabled by default). To see if you have this new engine running, head over to Tools > Options > Text Editor > C/C++ > Experimental.
You can download Visual Studio 2015 Update 2 CTP from this link. For those curious, here are all the bug fixes in this update:
- Crashes when editing C# or Visual Basic files while editing
- Crashes when updating error list entries for C# and Visual Basic projects while editing
- Out of memory exceptions when C# and Visual Basic projects are kept open for long sessions
- Delays when opening C++ projects
- Over 300 C++ compiler bugs (some address code-generation issues and required breaking changes; see Breaking Changes in Visual C++ 2015 Update 2)
- Errors when creating document-level projects for Office 2016 with the Office Developer Tools
- Hangs when trying to access local help
- Hangs in setup when using read-only or disconnected drives
- Failures with uninstallable packages and when selecting features