Microsoft has made available Security Compliance Manager 2.5 which helps automate the compliance management of your desktop and virtual cloud environment. This free tool enables administrators to quickly confugure and manage desktops and servers using Group Policy and System Center Configuration Manager.
Security Compliance Manager 2.5 offers several important features such as:
- SCM 2.5 includes Windows and Office client product baselines that deliver on Computer, Domain, and User scenarios.
- SCM 2.5 provides ready-to-deploy policies and DCM configuration packs that are tested and fully supported. Our product baselines are based on Microsoft security guide recommendations and industry best practices, allowing you to manage configuration drift, address compliance requirements, and reduce security threats.
- Additional SCM 2.5 client product baselines are included in the download, including Windows 7 SP1, Windows Vista SP2, Windows XP SP3, Office 2010 SP1, Exchange Server 2010 and Internet Explorer 8.
- Gold master support which enables you to be able to create a snapshot of a reference machine or import an existing Group Policy to quickly build Configuration Manager DCM packs.
- The ability to Configure stand-alone machines and deploy your configurations to non-domain joined computers using the new GPO Pack feature.
- Customize and deploy one of the 64 pre-built DCM packs or group policies that cover multiple operating systems, server workloads and client applications.
- Take advantage of the deep security expertise and best practices in the updated security guides, and the attack surface reference workbooks to help reduce the security risks that you consider to be the most important.
- SCM configuration baselines are integrated into the System Center 2012 Service Manager Process Pack for IT GRC to provide oversight and auditor-ready reporting of your compliance activities.