We learned last week that Microsoft was planning to preview Visio for the iPad, which will allows users of Apple’s tablet to view Visio diagrams. There’s no editing in the app at this point, but one imagines such functionality could be coming in the future. Today, Microsoft sent out emails to lucky iPad owners (of which this writer is one) with instructions on how to download the app.
Here’s the email:
Now you can view Visio diagrams in high fidelity and easily navigate them with Visio on iPad.
• View files from OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, or SharePoint, or files received as email attachments on iPad
• Experience the Pan and Zoom optimized for a small touch screen
• Turn the visibility of layers on or off
• Copy the current view of a Visio diagram as an image and paste it in another app
• Share a file as a link or attachment
• Find text in a shape
• AirPrint a Visio diagram
• We recommend that you open this email on your iPad and tap ‘Start Testing’. If you open the email on any other device, ensure that you open the ‘Start testing’ hyperlink in Safari or Google Chrome.
• There are a few ways to send us feedback:
1. Send feedback from within the app. Tap the File icon and then tap on ‘Send Feedback’.
2. Visit our UserVoice Forum (a third-party site) to provide suggestions and vote for ideas. https://aka.ms/uservoicevisiodevices
3. Write to us at [email protected]
The installation is fairly simple. Just install the TestFlight app on your iPad first and then follow the instructions above. The app will install and you’ll be able to start viewing Visio documents. Let us know in the comments if you were selected as a tester, and what you think of the app so far.