Microsoft has released a new update for PowerToys that brings a bunch of stability improvements and fixes to the suite of tools. This PowerToys release bumps the app to version 0.43, which addresses a range of issues with various utilities, including the Color Picker, FancyZones, and PowerToys Run tools.
The company says that the latest update also aims to address a few bugs with the new Awake tool, which debuted in June this year. These issues include high CPU usage and other performance glitches that make the tool difficult to use.
Here’s the full list of improvements and fixes in PowerToys version 0.43:
- Changed tooltip text for systray icon to be on a single line for Windows 11 compatibility.
- Fixed escape behavior on Color Picker so that only the fly-out is closed if active.
- Changed URI PowerToys Run plugin to launch HTTPS by default instead of HTTP. Thanks @chrisharris333!
- Added confirmation dialog when system commands are executed from PowerToys Run. Thanks @chrisharris333!
- New UI for sizes list view in Image Resizer settings. Thanks @niels9001!
- Fixed FileInUse errors during install/update scenarios.
- Fixed toggle switches on PowerToys run settings to display correctly.
- Fixed header text not updating when theme color is changed. Thanks @niels9001!
- Added Name/Alt text to GIF image
- Expanded the Report Bug tool to collect more robust diagnostic information.
- Fixed screen reader functionality to stop announcing hidden text in settings.
- Added Name and alt text properties to GIF images in Welcome to PowerToys window
- Fixed bug when right-clicking menu of Awake app icon. Thanks @dend!
- Fixed high CPU usage for timed keep awake. Thanks @dend!
- Fixed Awake icon spamming notification tray. Thanks @dend!
- Added telemetry to collect Awake settings and logs.
- Removed private Unicode Chars in element Name properties.
- No Class names in Name properties.
- Added non-null bounding rectangle property.
- Fixed color shade numbering for screen reader.
- Fixed focusable elements to have non-null name property.
- Distingushed name property and LocalizedControlType from elements and their parent.
- ControlType and LocalizedControlType are no longer both set to Custom.
- Fixed screen reader incorrectly naming Color Picker when launched.
- Fixed screen reader not announcing colors when navigating.
- Fixed bug causing multi-monitor spanning errors.
- Added minimum zone size limit to the settings.
- Fixed issue where re-opened windows don’t appear in previously assigned zone.
- Fixed excluded apps setting to save on text change instead of when leaving focus.
- Fixed corrupt/outdated plugins load crash.
- Fixed issue with FancyZones not working after computer goes to sleep.
- Added screen reader confirmation to canvas editor when new zones are added.
- Fixed screen reader usage bugs to increase intuitiveness.
As usual, PowerToys users that want to download the latest version of the tool can head to the GitHub release page to download the packages. Additionally, the update should also be available for download directly through the tool.