Microsoft PowerToys users are getting a new update, moving to version 0.25. This release is focused on making stability, quality, and some major accessibility improvements for both end-users and developers. This time, the company has also completed the first pass of localization of its tool in 17 different languages.
Just released #PowerToys 0.25. We did our first pass at localizing to 17 languages and big accessibility improvements.https://t.co/RbWvrGZt2F
— Clint Rutkas (@ClintRutkas) October 29, 2020
Furthermore, the company noted that the Video Conferencing Mute utility will be released next week, and it’s not included in this version. “This will be coming in about a week’s time. We need additional work done here to ship this out. It will be 0.26 Experimental and will be 0.25 + The video conference utility,” said Clint Rutkas, Program manager lead on PowerToys.
Here is the full changelog for PowerToys version 0.25:
- First pass on localization complete. 17 different languages. We know there will be some rough areas, please make us aware so we can correct them.
- Logging added into the installer
- Large sums of accessibility issues fixed.
- Less notifications for installing
- FxCop work is almost fully wrapped up
- Additional color style selections such as CYMK and HSL
- Multiple bugs fixed
- Better zone drawing improvements
- Fixed terminal input map failure
- Better app compat
- Multiple bug fixes
- Ability to directly disable keys/shortcuts
- expanded environment var searching such as %windr%
- multiple crash bug fixes
- Improvements on calculator plugin
- Directly able to override theming
- Windows will open to what shell you want
- Better action key support
=for direct calculator
?for direct file searching
.for direct for applications
//for direct URL
<for running processes
>for shell processes
- Added multiple developer related docs.
The company is seeking user feedback to improve the localization of its PowerToys suite of tools. If you find an issue, be sure to report it to the development team. To get the latest version of the service, users can head to the official GitHub page.