Microsoft's official Xbox app is already available on Windows platform, but users in possession of devices with competing platforms can also make full use of the app. Microsoft has released the official Xbox app for both Android and iOS devices so users can make the most out of Microsoft's gaming platform.
Once installed, users can manage their Xbox accounts, purchase titles, see what their friends are playing on Xbox Live, share game clips and updates from their devices, check your accomplishments across different devices and lots more.
The app description reads:
The Xbox app brings together your friends, games, and accomplishments from across your devices. Stay connected to your gaming community on the go, control your Xbox One from the app, and buy new games from the store. With your gaming life all in one place, the Xbox app keeps you connected to the games and gamers that matter most.
Here's a summary of some of the features introduced with the new Xbox app on iOS and Android:
- Updated home – The Activity Feed is the home of the Xbox app
- Activity feed updates – More personalised activity feed
- Added Trending content – Find out what is popular on Xbox Live
- Facebook friend finder – Add your Facebook friends who are also on Xbox
- Contact list friend finder – Use your phones contact list to add friends to Xbox Live
- Real name sharing – Be able to share your real name with your friends
- Game hubs – Game Hubs now added to Xbox app
- Connection destination – Updated the Xbox One navigation and media control of your Xbox One from the app
- Updated profiles – Redesigned user profiles in Xbox app
Head over to the iTunes and Google Play Store using the links below and install the official Xbox App. Let us know about your thoughts regarding the new app.