Microsoft has released today the optional KB5005101 patch for Windows 10 versions 21H1, 20H2, and 2004. This update includes various fixes for issues affecting USB and Bluetooth headsets, Office 365 apps, and devices supporting touch input.
- Updates a rare condition that causes Bluetooth headsets to only work for voice calls.
- Updates an issue that provides the wrong Furigana result when you cancel the Japanese reconversion.
- Updates an issue that resets syncing for Microsoft OneDrive to “Known folders only” after you install a Windows update.
- Updates an issue that prevents audio headsets that connect to a device using USB from working if the device has certain third-party audio drivers.
- Updates an issue with resizing images that might produce flickering and residual line artifacts.
- Updates an issue that prevents you from typing any words in the username box during the out-of-box experience (OOBE) process. This issue occurs when you use the Chinese Input Method Editor (IME).
- Updates an issue with copying and pasting a text box into Office 365 apps. If you use an IME, you won’t be able to insert text into the text box.
- Updates an issue that might cause your device to stop working when making a touch input gesture. This issue occurs if you bring more fingers into contact with the touchpad or screen during the middle of the gesture.
- Updates an issue that might cause an external monitor to display a black screen after Hibernation. This issue might occur when the external monitor connects to a docking station using a certain hardware interface.
- Updates an issue that resets the brightness for standard dynamic range (SDR) content on high-dynamic range (HDR) monitors. This occurs after you restart your device or reconnect to the device remotely.
You can install this optional update by visiting the Windows Update section of the Windows 10 Settings app, and you should see on this page that an optional quality update is available for your PC. Again, it's fine to wait for this month's Patch Tuesday if you have yet to encounter the bugs and issues mentioned in the release notes.