With Work Folders users can store and access work files on personal computers and devices, often referred to as bring-your-own device (BYOD), in addition to corporate PCs. This key feature on Windows Server can now be accessed from an iPad thanks to an app that was just made available.
“Work Folders is a Windows Server feature that allows individual employees to access their files securely from inside and outside the corporate environment. This app connects to it and enables file access on an Apple iPad. Work Folders enables this while allowing the organization’s IT department to fully secure that data. This app for iPad features an intuitive UI, selective sync, end-to-end encryption and in-app file viewing,” Microsoft stated in an official blog post.
Here are the key features of this app:
- Pin files for offline viewing.
- Saves iPad storage space by fully showing all available files but locally storing and keeping in sync only the files you care about.
- Files are stored encrypted at all times. On the wire and at rest on the device.
- Access to the app is protected by an app passcode – keeping others out even if the iPad is left unlocked and unattended.
- Allows for DIGEST and Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) authentication mechanisms including multi factor authentication.
- View your files right inside the app with a built-in viewer for many file types.
- Open files in other apps that might be specialized to work with a certain file type.
Grab the app via the download link below.iPad, Microsoft, Windows Server