Microsoft has released Host Integration Server 2016, introducing a ton of new features and improvements. The new version of Host Integration Server adds in support for Windows 10, along with support for Windows Server 2016, .NET Framework 4.6, BizTalk Server 2016, and SQL Server 2016. It also adds in support for a ton of new IBM platforms.
Here are some of the biggest changes in Host Integration Server 2016:
- New Microsoft Client for MQ connecting .NET Framework and BizTalk Server applications to IBM MQ message processing systems, providing simplified administration and improved performance.
- Expanded platform support for latest Microsoft operating systems and development tools, plus support for most popular IBM systems versions, permitting the broadest application support lifecycle for upgraded and new solutions.
- Improved installation and configuration assisting IT administrators to efficiently deploy new clients and servers, reducing operating expenses and total cost of ownership.
- New telemetry for improving technologies and tools, by monitoring and reporting connections, operations, and exceptions.
- New Microsoft Client for DRDA connecting .NET Framework and BizTalk Server applications to IBM DB2 and Informix relational database systems, delivering increased functionality, with improved performance and scalability.
If you want to get all of the details about the new Host Integration Server release, you can check out Microsoft’s official documentation. You’ll be able to see the full list of what’s new, as well as some information about how to go about installation.Further reading: Microsoft, Net Framework, SQL Server, Windows