Microsoft has released a new set of firmware updates for its Surface Pro 7+ and Surface Laptop 2 devices this week. This batch brings some minor fixes as well as stability and reliability improvements to both models.
For Surface Pro 7+ owners, the October 2021 updates should address the CPU throttling issue, and there are also some improvements to the overall user experience. You can check out the changelog below:
- Surface – System – 18.104.22.168: Surface Radio Monitor – System devices
- Surface – Firmware – 22.214.171.124: Surface System Aggregator – Firmware
- Surface – Firmware – 126.96.36.199: Surface UEFI – Firmware
- Surface – Firmware – 188.8.131.52: Surface PD Controller – Firmware
Meanwhile, the second-generation Surface Laptop is getting new bits that aim to target issues with the audio, video, and game controllers. These updates also focus on improving support for the Surface Dock 2, and you can check out the full list of changes below:
- Surface – Extension – 184.108.40.206: Surface Dock 2 Firmware Update – Extension
- Realtek Semiconductor Corp. – Extension – 220.127.116.11: Realtek High Definition Audio (SST) Extension
- Realtek Semiconductor Corp. – Media – 6.0.9083.3: Realtek High Definition Audio (SST) – Sound, video, and game controllers
As usual, the latest firmware updates are rolling out to all Surface Laptop 2 devices running Windows 10 version 20H2 or newer. However, keep in mind that Surface updates tend to roll out in stages, which means that you might need to wait a couple of days to receive them.