Bill Baer, the senior product manager for the SharePoint team, has taken to the Microsoft Office Blog to announce that Microsoft has launched Feature Pack 1 for SharePoint Server 2016. The availability will bring several new features, all of which were based on the feedback of customers.
Overall, the new features will be delivered through the November 2016 Public Update. The new features cover a broad range of areas, and as described by Bill Baer, can be seen below.
- Administrative actions logging for common SharePoint administrative actions.
- MinRole enhancements to support small and medium-sized farms.
- A OneDrive for Business modern experience.
- Custom tiles in the SharePoint app launcher.
- SharePoint hybrid auditing unified across site collections on-premises and in Office 365.
- Hybrid taxonomy unified across on-premises and Office 365.
- OneDrive API for SharePoint on-premises.
For the complete details and a bigger look at each of these features, be sure to check out Bill Baer’s full post on the Office Blog. Once you’ve checked it out, let us know what you think by dropping us a line in the comment section.Further reading: Microsoft, Office, SharePoint Server, Sharepoint Server 2016