Microsoft has just published release notes for the recent Windows 10 build 10586.338 update on for PC and Mobile for those in Windows Insiders in the Release Preview ring. There doesn’t appear to be too much of significance, mostly a collection of bug fixes and small improvements. Here are the notes:
- Improved reliability in numerous areas including Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge, Cortana. audio playback.
- Groove music playback. The Maps app, Miracast and Windows Explorer.
- Fixed an issue that was causing balloon tip notifications to always appear on the upper left side of the screen.
- Fixed an issue that caused VPN to not work properly when switching between different network interfaces (Wi- Fi, cellular etc.).
- Improved Narrator’s ability to read bulleted lists, hyperlinks, and image information.
- Fixed an issue in location that affected navigation apps to lag behind user’s actual location.
- Improved performance of loading webpages in Internet Explorer 11 when roaming user profiles are used.
- Fixed an issue on Mobile causing the phone to stop ringing from an incoming call. If interrupted by an SMS.
- Fixed an issue on Mobile that affected some users to lose their contacts, messages, and appointments after upgrading from Windows Phone 8.1.
- Fixed additional issues with Microsoft Edge, lnternet Explorer 11. Bluetooth. Cortana. Wi-Fi. Windows Camera app, revised daylight saving time, USB. TPM. Graphics, Group Policy. Downloading music or movies purchased through the Windows Store, Network Diagnostics, and Windows Explorer.
Windows 10 build 10586.338 began rolling out to Windows Insiders in the Release Preview ring on Windows 10 Mobile three days ago and for devices running Windows 10 as recently as yesterday.
Are you running Windows 10 build 10586.338 on your device? Share your thoughts with the site community in the comments below. Is there anything specific you’d like to see in the next build?Further reading: Microsoft, release preview, Windows 10