Every organization wants to be resilient, agile, and sustainable in today's manufacturing world. And there are so many manufacturers investing in innovative solutions to make their operations and products smarter by switching to advanced technologies including AI, digital twins, and the internet of things (IoT).
Back of 2019, Microsoft published its first report which provided a broad view of IoT across a variety of industries- from manufacturing and energy to healthcare. And Microsoft did the latest 2022 report on the IoT signals. IoT signals are a series of impactful content curated by Microsoft, basically to inform the community about the latest developments and digital transformations, and technology trends in the IoT industry.
Microsoft conducted more in-depth reviews with participants to gain a deeper understanding of the digital transformation strategies, and execution plans. Microsoft publishes some new findings on digital transformations in Industry, have a look at them.
Microsoft discovers six new digital transformations in Industry
The new IoT survey reveals insights from real-world manufacturers that have started their digital transformation journey. During the research, Microsoft discovered six key new findings on digital transformations.
- Most manufacturers are advancing their efforts to build smart factories
- Operational improvement is a still top goal for manufacturers
- Organizations are shifting investments to industrial-automation-based process control
- Manufacturers face new challenges with scaling smart factory initiatives
- IT-OT convergence is happening in the manufacturing industry
- Manufacturers plan to increase investments in smart connected IoT products
Digital transformation continues to be top of mind for these manufacturers as they work to increase agility, drive growth, and improve customer engagement. All the six key findings share a common theme- manufacturers across the globe are advancing their digital transformation efforts and organizations are switching to innovative solutions to build a more sustainable and resilient future.
For more latest and exclusive tech news follow us on Google News.