Windows 10 offers a number of enhancements to users, from security to added features to improved machine intelligence by way of Cortana. One specific area where Microsoft focused efforts on making Windows 10 shine is accessibility, meaning the application of user interface elements and various technologies to make the operating system fully accessible to all users.
- Narrator Content Improvements
- Keyboard shortcuts in Windows
- Keyboard shortcuts in apps
- Keyboard shortcuts for accessibility
In addition, Microsoft also has resources available for developers who want to make sure their apps are as accessible as possible:
- Accessibility on Windows 10
- What’s new in accessibility (for developers and users)
- Introduction to building accessible UWP apps
- Building accessible UWP apps
- We updated existing WinRT accessibility conceptual content to apply to Windows 10 and UWP.
- Published guidance about how to implement auto-suggest accessibility.
- Updated info on high contrast themes.
- New UI Automation API reference.
- Updated UI Automation content and UI Automation API reference.
As always, Microsoft welcomes your feedback, and you can let them know what you think about Windows 10 accessibility at User Voice. Let us know in the comments if you think Windows 10 offers accessibility advantages.Further reading: Accessibility, Microsoft, Windows 10, Windows 10 Anniversary Update