Microsoft preparing Office 2010 SP1 for end of June release
Microsoft today announced that they are on schedule to deliver the first service pack for Office 2010 by the end of June. SharePoint 2010 will also be updated at the same time.
As reported by the Microsoft Office Team Blog, Office 2010 SP1 will update all language versions of Office 2010. SP1 will first be offered as a manual download from the download center and Microsoft Update but will be available as an Automatic Update no sooner than 90 after its release. Microsoft will be providing further details of the enhancements made in SP1 on its Office Team Blogs throughout the course of TechEd and beyond.
Some of the changes/fixes by Microsoft include:
- Outlook fixes an issue where “Snooze Time” would not reset between appointments.
- The default behavior for PowerPoint “Use Presenter View” option changed to display the slide show on the secondary monitor.
- Integrated community content in the Access Application Part Gallery.
- Better alignment between Project Server and SharePoint Server browser support.
- Improved backup / restore functionality for SharePoint Server
- The Word Web Application extends printing support to “Edit Mode.”
- Project Professional now synchronizes scheduled tasks with SharePoint task lists.
- Internet Explorer 9 “Native” support for Office Web Applications and SharePoint
- Office Web Applications Support for Chrome
- Inserting Charts into Excel Workbooks using Excel Web Application
- Support for searching PPSX files in Search Server
- Visio Fixes scaling issues and arrowhead rendering errors with SVG export
- Proofing Tools improve spelling suggestions in Canadian English, French, Swedish and European Portuguese.
- Outlook Web Application Attachment Preview (with Exchange Online only)
- Office client suites using “Add Remove Programs” Control Panel, building on our work from Office 2007 SP2
As previously reported, Office 2010 will be a cumulative update and include any previous public updates including:
- Office 2010 April 2011 Cumulative Update (KB 2528533) – Released April 26, 2011
- Security and Non-Security Updates for April 2011 – Released April 12, 2011
- Security and Non-Security Updates for March 2011 – Released March 8, 2011
- Office 2010 February 2011 Cumulative Update (KB 2493730) – Released February 22, 2011
- Security and Non-Security Updates for February 2011 – Released February 8, 2011
- Non-Security Updates for January 2011 – Released January 11, 2011
- Office 2010 December 2010 Cumulative Update (KB 2479673) – Released December 14, 2010
- Security and Non-Security Updates for December 2010 – Released December 14, 2010
- Security and Non-Security Updates for November 2010 – Released November 9, 2010
- Office 2010 October 2010 Cumulative Update (KB 2449183) – Released October 26, 2010
- Security and Non-Security Updates for October 2010 – Released October 12, 2010
- Security and Non-Security Updates for September 2010 – Released September 14, 2010
- Office 2010 August 2010 Cumulative Update (KB 2396341) – Released August 31, 2010
- Security and Non-Security Updates for August 2010 – Released August 10, 2010
- Security and Non-Security Updates for July 2010 – Released July 13, 2010
- Office 2010 June 2010 Cumulative Update (KB 2259686) – Released June 29, 2010
Starting with Office 2007, Microsoft has provided an easy method of installing Office and any corresponding updates at the same time. By dropping any updates into the ‘Updates’ folder, the installer will pick up and install those updates. Further details are available in our Office 2007 SP1 Installation/Slipstream Guide.Further reading: Microsoft, Office 2010, SP1