Not too long ago, Microsoft and 343 Industries, in collaboration with Vanguard Games, announced the next Halo game for mobile devices, Halo: Spartan Strike. The game is set to launch on December 12th on Windows, Windows Phone, and Steam, carrying a $5.99 price tag.
Although we learned most of the details about the game yesterday, the company has now shared a trailer of Halo: Spartan Assault, giving us a brief look at the graphics, and gameplay of the upcoming title.
As a quick recap, the game is set during the events of Halo 2, and offers improved graphics and controls, new vehicles (Warthog and Kestrel VTOL), deadly weapons, new Promethean enemies, and more. The game also feature achievements, as well as weekly challenges. Furthermore, there are Xbox Live achievements, which can help you unlock content from the upcoming title, Halo: The Master Chief Collection, which is expected to launch in November on Xbox One.
Here's a list of some key features the game has to offer:
- Crush your enemies using the iconic Warthog jeep, or sweep them from the battlefield using the all-new Kestrel VTOL.
- Use all-new weapons (Suppressor, Scatter Shot, Binary Rifle and Incineration Cannon) and armor abilities (Proximity Mine, Bubble Shield, Teleport, Shock Chain and Airstrike) to dominate on the battlefield.
- Face off against new Promethean enemies; deadly mechanical warriors who seek mankind’s annihilation.
- Experience an all-new story that will take you from New Mombasa on Earth to the enigmatic Gamma Halo located at the edge of charted space.
- Take control! For this top-down shooter, you can choose between keyboard and mouse, USB Xbox controller, or touch-based virtual joystick.
- Earn achievements in Halo: Spartan Strike to unlock an exclusive emblem, nameplate, and avatar in Halo: The Master Chief Collection on Xbox One (sold separately).
Take a look at the video below, and share your thoughts.