Microsoft offering free virtual training on how to design Metro apps for Windows 8
As we all know already, Microsoft has shifted towards a focus on the Metro design principle for app development, especially for the upcoming Windows 8 operating system. Well, now you can learn how to design a Metro style app by taking part in free training!
“With the first apps in the Windows Store, it’s exciting to see app designers begin to push the boundaries of the Metro style design principles on Windows 8. There’s plenty of innovation and beautiful apps to come. If you are a developer or designer creating a new user experience for your Metro style app and you want to learn how to get started, this free virtual training is perfect for you,” Microsoft explains.
The training takes place June 14th from 9am to 5:30pm, PST. You can register for the training at the source link below. So what exactly does the training cover?
- Embracing Metro style design – the principles of designing for Windows 8
- Less is more: Commanding, information architecture and navigation
- Be fast and fluid: Designing for touch, mouse and keyboard
- Be fast and fluid: Animations
- Snap and scale beautifully: Designing apps with adaptive layouts
- Using the right contracts
- Connected and alive – how to design great tiles and notifications
- Anatomy of an app: case study