Back at Build 2016, Microsoft announced several new Dev Center features to increase app revenue and streamline management for developers. Since then, developers have given their feedback to Microsoft on how to improve the advertising performance reporting capabilities on the dashboard, and the Windows Apps team has just published a blog post today to detail some of the improvements they have brought to Dev Center following a few platform updates.
You can get all the technical details below:
- Faster reporting– Better reporting performance in Dev Center.
- Fresher reports – Data loads faster into Dev Center, so you should see your reports earlier.
- Improved accuracy – New system implemented to detect and rapidly correct data discrepancies, so data is more accurate.
- New reporting capabilities – New date range options, including custom date range and market wise ads performance data in download reports, so that you can better analyze performance data in Microsoft Excel.
What changes will you see:
- View your improved ads performance reports by navigating to your Account Level Advertising Performance Report and your App Level Advertising Performance Report.
- Load data into your Dev Center advertising performance reports much faster than before (now every four hours as long as upstream data feeds are available).
- Use Custom date range filters, now available for your ads performance reports, to see ads performance data beyond the last 12 months.
- See the current day’s in-progress data in your reports.
- Analyze your ad performance data across different markets. To do this, select “Download report” on the advertising performance report page and then open the CSV (comma-separated values) file in Microsoft Excel or a similar program.
“These enhancements have received positive feedback from pilot testers” according to the blog post, and more improvements are in the pipeline. Let us know in the comments what do you think of all these new features in Dev Center, and don’t hesitate to send your feedback on the Windows Developer Feedback site.Further reading: Advertising, Apps, Bing, Dev Center, Microsoft, Windows 10 Apps