343 Industries, the developer behind Halo 4 and Halo 5: Guardians is slowly becoming one of the most important studios under the Microsoft Studios banner. As one of the most valuable Xbox exclusive game franchise, Halo as been successfully evolving into a eSports phenomenon as Microsoft and 343 Industries held the Halo World Championship tour earlier this year to the delight of Halo fans.
However, it seems that Microsoft is looking forward to make Halo an even bigger gaming phenomenon as Xbox Live's Major Nelson shared on Twitter today that 343 Industries is currently looking for an Events Manager to help them organize more Halo-themed events:
— Larry Hryb 🏡🎮☁ (@majornelson) July 6, 2016
According to the job listing, here is what this is about:
343 Industries, the Microsoft game studio responsible for the growth and development of the Halo franchise, is looking for an energetic, organized, and experienced events manager to take lead on all internal and external studio-owned events. The qualified candidate will be a seasoned events manager with a solid understanding of event planning and execution. Also crucial to the task is the ability to work and manage logistics cross-team with other parts of the Xbox organization and external partners, including Marketing, PR, Game Production Teams, External tournament organizers (esports) and External suppliers.
This position demands a strong mix of communications and planning skills, as well as industry experience driving event logistics. Successful candidates will have a strong track record of event execution with a steady progression of increased responsibility and impact.
- Contribute to building the event strategy and event goals to ensure event success
- Project management including (but not limited to) budget management, accounting, venue selection, vendor sourcing and management, project plan management, event promotion and registration, on-site event management, prioritization and resolving issues
- Lead core planning meetings across groups, driving alignment against shared objectives
- Supporting globally prioritized events around the world by coordinating studio staff participation & schedules and managing event registrations.
- Support partner tournament organizers with various projects that could include: shipping of technical equipment & physical assets, ordering/distribution of promotional items, and on-site support.
- Identify staffing needs, vendors and staff options and selection, team motivation and performance
- Assist in designing in-person events focusing on customer experience and event objectives to drive business impact and maximize return
- Travel for event pre and show dates. Travel estimated to be 30%+ during peak periods and could include weekends and international destinations.
You can find all the details of the job listing over here, be aware that it is required to be a big Halo fan (obviously), but you will also need solid project management experience in a business or hi-tech industry and strong organizational skills. Let us know in the comments if you would love to join the team at 343 Industries to help them produce Halo-themed events.