Microsoft Garage’s Kaizala app has finally arrived on Windows 10 in Preview form after being available on iOS and Android for several months. The app is currently limited to select users and doesn’t seem to be open for all of the public yet but the listing in the store is at least viewable for anyone that’s interested in reading more about it. Here’s its product description and feature list:
Kaizala Preview, by Microsoft Garage, is a simple & secure chat and productivity app that enables mobile users to achieve more. With Kaizala Preview, you can have 1:1 chat with individuals, group chat with your teams, and even add groups to your existing groups to communicate within large organizations or communities. In these chats or groups, you can not only send messages, but also send Kaizala Actions like Job, Poll, Survey to individuals or to the entire group. People can easily respond to Kaizala Actions, and all responses are consolidated, stored and presented for easy viewing and decision making. Therefore, Kaizala Preview makes you more productive instantly. All you need is a 2G Internet connection & a smartphone. Stay tuned for more Kaizala Actions in our upcoming releases.
The Kaizala Actions available out of the box with Kaizala Preview are:
- Announcement – Make key announcements or share updates
- Job – Assign jobs to people and track completion status
- Let’s Meet – Invite people to meetings and confirm their availability status
- Photo with Location – Share a picture with your current location
- Quick Poll – Ask a question and get people’s opinion
- Request Location – Request people to share their location
- Share Location – Share your location with others
- Survey – Ask a series of questions and get people’s opinions
On the surface, Kaizala doesn’t appear to be too different from the similar Microsoft Teams product that Microsoft launched recently. Digging deeper though, Kaizala, even in Preview, appears to have several more features and is also optimized for regions with low levels of connectivity.
Are you interested in Kaiazala or is there another productivity app on Windows 10 that you prefer? Let us know in the comments below.