Microsoft has launched a new version of its Bing Webmaster Tools this week. The dashboard is an essential resource for webmasters looking to improve the performance of their websites on Bing, and the new version which was announced in February introduces a responsive design with a simplified UI.
“When our old Bing Webmaster Tools had 47 navigation links, our new site has only 17 as we bundle many features together making it easier to navigate to get the information you need to maximize your search results at Bing and elsewhere,” the team explained yesterday. Several existing tools have been enhanced including Keywords research and SEO reports, and you can find more details about new features below:
- Backlinks lists backlinks for any site, including similar sites.
- Keywords research allows to filter by countries, languages, and devices.
- URL submission offers easy to navigate user flow with metrics and history. We have also ease URL submission via our WordPress plugin allowing to get your content indexed automatically and quickly by just installing this plugin.
- SEO reports offers an improved classification of issues.
- Adding and verifying a site offers a smoother experience for your site, Google Search Console or via Domain Connect.
The new Bing Webmaster Tools dashboard also introduces a couple of new tools, including a Robots.txt tester and a Site Scan that can help you identify SEO issues. URL Inspection is also available in beta, and this feature will detect potential indexing issues for your URLs.
“Now that we have migrated to this new improved platform and experience, we will be enhancing tools listening to your feedback and shipping new salient features including a refreshed version Index Explorer this summer,” the team said yesterday. If you have some feedback you want to share on the new dashboard, you’re invited to send a tweet to the Bing Webmaster Team Twitter account.