The new Microsoft Launcher is slowly but surely becoming a must-have app for Microsoft fans moving to Android, and the latest beta release introduces some of the most-requested features from users. Indeed, the freshly released version 4.3 brings a 12x12 grid view, better sub-grid positioning, support for more than 5 apps in the dock and plenty more improvements.
Here are the full release notes:
- Support more apps grid layout: now you can get maximum 12X12 grid view for apps page;
- Sub grid support: now you can move apps/widget half grid;
- First time user experience enhancement: Support migration from other launcher and backup / restore or manual setup home screen during welcome page;
- Apps font fine tune: avoid text wrap and improve truncation logic;
- Now drag/drop apps will not enter edit mode;
- Support long press apps icon popup menu when you in app drawer;
- Support folder icon/shape edit;
- Dock: support more than 5 apps in the dock;
- Search bar: by default show search bar on the bottom for new users;
- Theme: support theme on settings page;
- Weather / time widget UI improvements;
- Settings page restructure;
- Crash fix, bug fix & performance tuning;
If you want to try this latest beta release, you’ll have to open this Google Play link and then select “Become a tester.” The Microsoft Launcher recently passed one million active users on Android, which is not bad for app that officially launched a month ago. We really like this fast release cycle and we hope to see many more features and improvements to be added in the coming weeks.