Microsoft has officially released version 5.3 of its Launcher app to general users of Google Play Store (via Windows Central). Beta testers have had their hands on the update for a few weeks now, helping to kill any potentially nasty bugs before it’s general availability.
Microsoft has made numerous design changes in this update, most notably by reworking the time and weather widget to support multiple locations on one homescreen. The company has also made other UI changes in this update, as well as added other new features such as support for “My Day” and “Flagged Emails” in the Task card, “Technology” as an option in the News card, support for work accounts, as well as a changing the community link to the Microsoft Tech Community. Here’s the full list:
– Time/Weather widget redesign- Now you can have multiple widgets for multiple locations with redesigned detail page!
– UX refinements to the Home Screen, Dock and Search widget
– Tasks card now supports “My Day” and “Flagged Emails” from Microsoft To Do
– News tab now supports “Technology” as a news interest
– Work profile customers can now get access to their work apps
– Beta community link in Settings changed to Microsoft Tech Community
Microsoft Launcher is the company’s solution to the stock home screen on Android devices, allowing users to better integrate Microsoft’s services onto their phones. Over a period of multiple releases, Microsoft has added Cortana integration, Timeline, News, To Do, Sticky Notes, and even the Microsoft Rewards program to the app on Google Play.Android, Microsoft, Microsoft Launcher