Software development isn't easy, even if you've been at it for a long time. The team behind SharePoint knows that app developers aren't perfect, and with that in mind, they've decided to put out a series of tutorial blogs aimed at assisting SharePoint developers in the coding and deployment of their apps. While they're still working on a few of the tutorials, the majority of them are complete and ready for developers to dig into.
Here's the list of tutorials:
- Step 1: InfoPath, a sample, its future, and next steps
- Step 2: Out of the Box to emulate InfoPath (no-code)
- Step 3: Configuration of Out of the Box and slight customization with jQuery
- Step 4: Customization with KnockoutJS, HTML5, and MVVM patterns
- Step 5: SharePoint Add-In (Not finished)
- Step 6: Provider Hosted Add-In (Not finished)
The full list of tutorial blogs, as well as a bit of a primer telling you more about how the series works, can both be found right here. The two tutorials that haven't been finished yet will presumably be filled in on that page when they're ready to go, so you can read step 5 and step 6 when they've been rolled out.